The Italy Pavilion in Epcot is one of the 11 countries located in the World Showcase. It is located between Germany and The American Adventure pavilions. Modeled after St. Mark’s Square in Vience, Italy features Venetian, Florentine and Roman architecture. At the entrance to the pavilion, you’ll see the replica of Doges’ Palace, The Bell Tower is a replica of St. Mark’s Campanile and features an angel that is covered with real gold leaf at the top, the Neptune Fountain is a replica of Rome’s Trevi Fountain and the II Bel Cristallo shop replicates the exterior of the Sistine Chapel. Browse the shops in Italy where you will find authentic merchandise including cookbooks, perfumes, jewelry, clothing and more.
Be sure to browse the portion of the pavilion that sits next to the World Showcase lagoon. Here you will find a number of gondolas moored in the water. You might even think you are in Vience for a moment!
Eating in Italy:
- Via Napoli Pizzeria e Ristorante – This is a table service restaurant located at the back of the pavilion. It’s 3 wood burning ovens are shaped like the gods that the 3 active volcanos in Italy are named for: Etna, Vesuvio and Stromboli.
- Tutto Italia – This is a table service restaurant. Attached to it is the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar where guests can choose from 200 varieties of Italian wine.
Eating Around The World Showcase: Canoli or Tiramisu at Tutto Italia
Fun in Italy:
- There are no characters in Italy.
- The Kidcot Station is located between La Cucina Italiana shop and the angel.
- “buon giorno” is “hello” in Italian.
- Sergio performs Sunday through Thursday. Be sure to check your Times Guide for showtimes on the day of your visit.
- The pressed penny machine is located inside La Bottega Italiana.
- Look for the pillars surrounding one of the buildings that are decorated with several kings. One of the kings is holding a bowling ball and the holes are Hidden Mickeys.
- Originally the Italy Pavilion was was going to have a gondola dark ride and a Roman ruins walk-through. Via Napoli restaurant now occupies that space.
- The coats of arms no the Enoteca, Castello Banfi are from the Banfi family, owners of one of the largest wineries in Tuscany.
Don’t miss the attractions of the Germany Pavilion in Epcot.