Ya’ll. I did it again. I went over budget. “Kristen B.,” you may wonder, “how has this happen again? That is twice this month.” You are right. This month has been all over the place for my poor grocery budget. I’m really putting it to work. In my defense, summer months can be unpredictable for meat and produce, my main purchases. Also doing me no favors? The coupon situation. Coupons and store sales are harder to come by in the summer months because of all the holiday adjacent BBQs.
But you know what? No regrets! Because I stocked up on some protein, and was still able to take advantage of limited sales and coupons. I’ve got two trips left this month. Ample opportunity to get back on track.
- Boars Head Pepperoni, .75lb-$4.58.
- Driscoll Blackberries (4)-$5. Down from $2.50 each, savings of 50%.
- Dove Ice Cream Bars, 3ct-$2.49. Down from $4.39, stack $1 off *Digital Coupon*.
- Kroger Cream Cheese Bar-.89. *Digital Coupon* for .30 off.
- Kroger Fruit Bar Popsicles, 12ct-$2.50. Down from $3.59.
- Kroger Raspberry Preserves-$2.49. Down from $3.39.
- Kroger Shrimp, 1lb (2)-$11.98. $6.99, down from $9.99, with $1 off *Digital Coupon*.
- Mangoes, 4-$3.96.
- Private Selection Ribeye Steak, 1lb-$9.08.
- Private Selection Sirloin Steak, 1.75lb-$9.89.
- Roma Tomatoes, 1.51lb-$1.49.
- Romaine Lettuce, .88lb-$1.14.
- Tyson Chicken Thighs, 13lb -$11.62. Marked down to .89 a lb, originally would have been $23.35. That’s a 50% savings!
Total Budget: $65
Total Spent: $70.10
Total Saved: $29.38
Deducted from Next Trip: $6.32.
Has your grocery budget taken a pounding this summer season? Share in the comments and we can encourage each other!
Kristen B. is wife to the best Prince around, mama to the spunkiest little princesses, and lover of all things Disney. She started her savings journey three years ago and is now dedicated to making her family’s wishes come true one coupon at a time. She is so excited to take her love of saving to the next level and share her journey with you! Click here to catch up on Kristen’s Savings and join in on your own savings adventure!