This is such a staple food at my house with my kids. They LOVE macaroni and cheese. Sometimes you just get burned out on the stuff in the box though. This is an excellent recipe for when you are wanting something a little “fancier”.
- 1 box corkscrew noodles
- 1 bag (2 c.) mixed cheddar cheeses
- ½ bag (1 c.) mozzarella cheese
- 2 c. Gruyere cheese (if you like blue cheese, replace 1 c. of Gruyere with 1 c. Gorgonzola)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ c. milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the noodles 3 minutes less than the box calls for.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add flour to form a rue. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together until flour and butter are well blended.
- Slowly add in 1½ c. milk; stir continuously.
- Add in cheeses and stir well.
- Stir in pasta. When cheese and pasta are well blended, transfer to a baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.