This Cheesy Chicken Sandwich recipe is one of my favorite recipes! A staple for summer eating is something you can put on a bun. Cheesy chicken sandwiches are simple and inexpensive. Another plus is it freezes well so you can make a lot and freeze some for later!
- 4 c. shredded cooked chicken (I just picked up a roasted chicken from my local grocery store)
- ½ - 1 medium onion, chopped (just depends on how much you want)
- 1 c. mayo
- 1 c. American cheese (just get the sliced kind and break it up)
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or until cheese is melted through.
Summer is here and with it comes the heat. When I use the oven, it heats up the entire house. But when I use the slow cooker, the air conditioning doesn’t have to turn on while I’m cooking. Starting June 1st until August 31st, I am challenging all of my readers to either use your slow cooker or your grill to do the majority of your cooking. If you have a recipe to share, be sure to email it to CouponingtoDisney @gmail.com.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.