The kids were begging for a happy meal so I decided to make us all happy by making a meal at home. We even make homemade Chick-Fil-A sauce!
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2½ c. flour
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 4 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 4 eggs
- Peanut oil for frying
- Heat oil to about 375.
- Pour flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika in a gallon ziploc bag. Seal it and shake to combine well.
- Beat eggs until they are "scrambled" (just not cooked).
- Throw the chicken bites into the ziploc bag, close it, and shake until all are coated well.
- Using a slotted spoon, fish out the nuggets and shake off excess flour.
- Put coated chicken into egg bath and then throw back into the bag and shake once more to coat well. (If you put them in the flour, egg, and then flour again, you will have more breading than if you do it without the egg.) Then remove from bag and shake off excess flour.
- Fry 15 nuggets or so until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove from oil and place them in a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Serve while hot.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.