My sweet neighbor gave me the idea for this recipe. She makes a variation of this (which I will post one day) and let me tell you… you will fall in love! I don’t think we will ever use regular chips anymore for taco salad.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- ⅔ c. water
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Shredded Fiesta Cheese blend
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Simmer ground beef, water, and taco seasoning for about 15 minutes over medium heat or until water is absorbed.
- Spread a layer of Doritos on an oven safe plate.
- Top with ground beef mixture and cheese.
- Place in the oven for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and green onion. (You can add whatever toppings you like.)
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.