Mornings are crazy around my house! Trying to get 2 kids ready for school can be a task. Next time you need a fast and tasty breakfast to make, try this recipe for Goldenrod Eggs!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Self Rising Flour
- 2 pieces toast
- 1 c milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Separate egg yokes from the whites.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Mix flour with warm butter (not too hot). It should form a soft paste.
- Mix in milk, salt and pepper and slowly bring to a boil (stirring constantly so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan) or until mixture turns into a medium thick sauce.
- Dice egg whites and mix with the sauce.
- Serve egg mixture over pieces of toast and crumble egg yoke over the top.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.