You can make slow cooker homemade chicken broth with little to no effort. I posted how you can cook a whole chicken in your crockpot. Now we need something to do with what’s left when you take the chicken out. Why not make chicken broth?
- Chicken bones from the whole chicken you cooked already
- 10 baby carrots
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 c. water
- After removing the crockpot chicken, leave the juices in the crockpot.
- Separate the chicken from the bones and return the bones to the crockpot.
- Add carrots,onion, and apple cider vinegar. You can also toss in any pieces of the crockpot chicken that you won't be using.
- Add 4 cups of water
- Simmer on low for 12-24 hours depending on how rich you would like your chicken broth
- Store in the fridge or freeze.
Using a Slow Cooker not only makes preparing dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill because you don’t have to run the oven and heat up the whole house. Check out all the Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we have tried and be sure to share your favorites too!