One of my favorite types of food is Italian. I mean, who doesn’t love a nice plate of spaghetti or lasagna every now and then? Here’s an easy recipe for some very tasty lasagna that my family gobbled up in no time!
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs ground beef (or for great extra flavor, use 1 lb ground beef and 1 lb ground pork... it's VERY yummy!)
- 32 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 1 bag Italian cheese blend
- 1 bag Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag Mozzarella cheese
- 1 large jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 small jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, but take them out of the pot 3-4 minutes earlier than the directions call for.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown the meat and add in pasta sauce.
- Spray the bottom of a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put 1 layer of noodles on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Mix ricotta, Italian cheese, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Sprinkle ½ of cheese mix on top of the noodles.
- Add ½ of your meat/sauce mixture on top of the cheese.
- Add another layer of pasta, the rest of your cheese mix, and the rest of your meat. Then top with a final layer of noodles.
- Pour the smaller jar of your pasta sauce on top of the noodles.
- Top it off with the bag of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.