This recipe comes from my friend Michelle. Mashed potatoes are her comfort food. She could eat them every day and not tire of them. When she was a little girl, she would beg her grandmother to make her “famous mashed potatoes” every time she went to her house because they were better than everyone else’s. When she grew up and got married, her grandmother shared her recipe with her, and now she is sharing it with you all.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled
- ¼ c. milk
- 4-5 tbs mayo (light or regular... just depends on your preference)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dice potatoes into small chunks and boil until fork tender. (The smaller you dice them, the quicker they will cook.)
- Drain potatoes and put into large bowl.
- Add milk, mayo, salt, and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, just get to work mashing everything up and combining it all together! Or if you prefer smoother potatoes, you can use a mixer to get all of the lumps out. (This is especially fun if you've had a hard day at work or someone has made you mad. Take your frustration out as you mash!)
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.