My husband loves taco pizza from a certain fast food chain. I knew there had to be a healthier version of it I could make though. So I came up with this alternative. He said it actually tastes better!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2-3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or cheddar)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and water according to package.
- Open crescent rolls but do not separate. Lay them out on a cookie sheet (be sure to spray with non-stick cooking spray). Mash all of the seams together so it forms 1 solid rectangle.
- Bake for roughly 8 minutes or until top starts to slightly golden. Then remove from oven.
- Put refried beans in a bowl and heat in the microwave for about a minute. (This warms them up enough to be easily spreadable.)
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans on top of the crescent rolls. Top with ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, and onions.
- Put back in the oven for another 5 minutes to let the cheese melt.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.