One thing I love about these twice baked potatoes is that they freeze well! Bake up some extras and freeze the leftovers. Pop them in the oven for a quick side dish! Or you can add some chicken or BBQ pork, and make this your main course!
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1½ c light sour cream
- 1½ c shredded cheese (any kind you like)
- ½ c crumbled bacon
- ½ c green onion, chopped
- ½ c milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pierce skin of the potatoes all over with a fork.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and rub all over the skin. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 1 hour or until you can easily insert a fork into the potatoes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the very top off of the potatoes.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the insides and put in a bowl. You will want to leave about ¼" of the potato inside to help keep the skin from tearing.
- Combine all ingredients including the scooped out potatoes together.
- Spoon back into potato skins.
- Bake for another 10-20 minutes.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.