Eating in can save your family a ton of money. But eating in every single night can get boring. Here are a few ideas on how to make a meal time an entertaining occasion:
- Restaurant Night – Pick a theme (like mexican) and cook up a few of your favorite entrees. Let one person play waiter and serve the other members instead of just putting all the dishes on the table.
- Family Game Night – Cook a couple of store bought pizzas and play a few of your favorite games.
- Family Movie Night – Pick a movie and cook a meal around that theme. If you are cooking spaghetti, you could watch Lady and the Tramp for example. Check out this Disney and a Movie article from Disney Food Report
- Let your kids assemble their own pizza follow these directions from Parenting Twins
- Have a flip flop dinner. Serve breakfast for dinner and let the family wear their favorite beach attire. (Thanks Dawn!)
- Make up weird names for your family members and let the kids decorate a name card for each person. Then try to guess who is who! (Thanks Charity!)
- Bring out your best china and dress in your fanciest outfits (think Fancy Nancy attire!). Don’t forget to eat by candlelight. (Thanks Marie!)
How do you make family meal time more exciting?
Do you have a money saving tip you’d love to see featured on Couponing to Disney? Be sure to email it to me!
Wanna learn how to save even more money? Be sure to read through all the Let’s Save Some Money posts. Keep in mind that not every tip will apply to your family and something that won’t save you a dime might save another family a dollar so no insulting the tips. You are, however, welcome to email me one at any time!