One of our favorite Table-Service restaurants in Walt Disney World is 50’s Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios. Here are 5 reasons why I love 50’s Prime Time Cafe:
1. Home cooking – The menu at 50’s Prime Time Cafe features homestyle cooking. Our favorite dishes are Dad’s Stuffed Pork Chops and Cousin Ann’s Traditional Meatloaf.
2. Classic Decor – The restaurant is themed as mom’s kitchen probably looked in the 1950’s. The walls are decorated with knick knacks that you might have seen in your home or your grandparents. There are also televisions on some of the tables or hanging up in the dining rooms that show classic programing from the 1950’s.
3. The wait staff is fun – Your waiter/waitress acts as if she is your mom. She will scold you if you don’t eat your vegetables, lecture you and encourage you. It is just a really fun eating experience. On one of our visits, our waitress told us her name was really Cindy (her name tag said Sue) and that she was in the witness protection program.
4. Desserts are delicious – When you are ready to order your dessert, you have to look through a Viewfinder to choose which one you would like. It is quite humorous to see adults passing this toy around. Plus the desserts are really good. We love the milkshakes.
5. The prices are reasonable – Entrees run $16 – $26 making it a very reasonable choice for the budget conscious guest. Our total bill for 2 adults and 2 children is usually around $70 after tip. It is a great restaurant to dine at without the dining plan.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.