When you enter Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, you will be walking right down Main Street U.S.A. Pay close attention to the brick. It’s red because Walt Disney wanted his guests to feel like he was laying the red carpet out for them!
In order to give you a good foundation of knowledge about Main Street U.S.A., please read these articles:
Now here is some additional advice about Main Street:
1. Main Street closes half to a whole hour after the Magic Kingdom closes. Just because the park ‘closes’ at 9pm, you do not have to rush out. Take your time enjoying the shops and attractions on Main Street.
2. Avoid Main Street from about 2:30 pm until after the parade is over if you aren’t watching the parade.
3. You can stop by the car barn and pet the ponies or see them hosed down at the fire station.
4. Cooks at the Convectionary makes candy in view of guests until 7 pm at night.
5. Take a moment to sit next to Goofy on the bench. You will be in for a true treat!
6. Sometimes you can find characters to the left of City Hall, especially around 5 pm!
7. Don’t use the Main Street vehicles for transportation. It is faster to walk down Main Street.
8. Do you have young children? Stop by the Baby Care Center next to Crystal Palace. There you will find an air conditioned room, a changing room, bathrooms, a couple of tables for the kid’s to sit down and color at as well as a tv that plays Disney movies. This is a good place to regroup.
9. The Town Square Exposition Hall Museum has a theater that shows old cartoons in a 25 minute loop. This is a good place to hang out at the end of the day while you wait on the crowds to disperse. Make sure you walk to the back to get your pictures made with some pretty neat stuff.
10. When you stop in the Chapeau store, be sure to look for the antique phone. Pick it up and listen to a neat conversation!
11. You can get an actual haircut at the Barber Shop on Main Street. You can also get glitter and gel added to your hair too!
12. Smell chocolate chip cookies? That is being pumped into the air from the Bakery.
13. If you are a firefighter, be sure to stop by the fire station!
14. Most of the stores are connected on the inside. You can pay for your item at any of the registers in any of the stores!
I will add to this list as more tips/secrets are found.
So what neat tips or observations do you have about Main Street U.S.A.?
Disney World is the Most Magical Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disney World Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have written in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).