Here’s a list of where to meet Mary Poppins at Walt Disney World.
- Magic Kingdom – Meet Mary Poppins outside The Chapeau store.
- Epcot – Meet Mary Poppins in the United Kingdom
- 1900 Park Fare – Meet Mary Poppins in her traveling outfit. Reservations required.
Questions to ask Mary Poppins:
- Do you have a spoonful of sugar?
- What is your favorite item in your bag?
- When is the last time you flew a kite?
My tips for meeting the characters:
- Almost all characters sign, make sure you have an autograph book (write your cell phone number in it) and pen for them to use (their hands are big so you might want to get one of the fat sharpies.)
- Character handlers (the cash members that work with characters) have a light blue shirt on. If you see someone standing around with a light blue shirt, it means a character is about to come out. Ask them!
- When you get in line, ask the cast member when the character plans to go get a snack. You might not want to wait the extra 5 minutes for their break.
- Only face characters (like the Princesses) speak. You could explain this to your child by saying that the other characters have to save their voices for the parades and shows (where they do speak).
- It is okay to ask questions to the characters about their movies, life, etc. It might be fun while you wait in line to come up with a question to ask them. Just don’t ask Chip and Dale where they keep their nuts!
- When we meet a character, we get the autograph first (make sure you open your book to a clean page while you are waiting in line), give hugs and then take a picture. The characters will help your children to turn around to pose for the picture.
- Don’t forget to say “please” when asking for an autograph & photo and then “thank you” afterwards.
- Take a picture of your child as they walk towards the character. I’ve caught some cute pictures of Jacob with his arms outstretched towards the character. It’s so cute.
- Most characters have a Photopass Photographer with them. They will take pictures with your camera too. Don’t be afraid to ask!
- It is okay to have a picture made with just your kids and then you jump in for a second shot.
- If you have more tips for this list, please add them to the comments so I can update it.
Unfortunately it wasn’t great for me. She looked perfect but when she started talking to me, she didn’t have an accent. It was just so disappointing. – Courtney S.
We are huge Mary Poppins fans! When we met her in 2014, she was amazing. My husband, daughter, Mary Poppins and I all said “supercalafrag…” backwards together, like from the song. She told us we were practically perfect in every way! Haha!! She knew we liked her more than the average family and she offered us a family pic and individual pics with her. We loved our experience meeting her!! – Anisha T.
We just met her on Saturday and she didn’t have any line. My 3 year old was having a melt down and she tried to cheer her up so much. I returned with our older daughter a few hours later and she remembered both daughters names. I was impressed. She never hesitated. Both girls loved her. – Michelle B.
My kids loved meeting Mary Poppins when we want in 2015. She actually held a conversation with them. -Nicole B.
Here is a list of where you can meet Goofy at Walt Disney World.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.