Mickey’s Fun Wheel in California Adventure is the icon of Paradise Pier. Mickey’s face smiles at you as 24 colorful gondolas revolve around the giant wheel.
Length of Ride: 9 minutes
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: Takes you up fairly high and 2/3rd of the gondolas swing back and forth
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Closed in inclement weather
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes
Open for Magic Mornings: Yes
When to Ride: Early in the day
Our Touring Strategy: We rode this one early in the day with no wait
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- There are 8 stationary gondolas that boast the face of Mickey Mouse
- There are 16 swinging gondolas that boast the face of Goofy, Minnie, Pluto or Donald
- You can choose which gondola you want to ride
- It is one of only 2 “wonder wheel” Ferris wheels in the US. The other is at Coney Island which was the inspiration for Mickey’s Fun Wheel.
- Closed during World of Color
You might also enjoy King Triton’s Carousel in California Adventure.
Learn more about Disneyland Parks.