Bacon wrapped Jalapeno poppers are divine! They are super pricey. Here they are $7.49 a pound for around 8. That comes out to almost a $1.00 per popper…ouch! You can make triple that for the same amount of money. They are so easy to make. I was able to make 48 for only $10.00. Each popper came out to only $0.20.
The most expensive part was the bacon. I sent my my husband to the store for me. He got thick cut bacon which is a no no when making poppers. It is hard to wrap the thick bacon just right. I had to cut it into smaller slices and use a toothpick to secure the bacon in place. Below is a breakdown of what I spent.
Bacon – $6.98
Cream cheese – $1.00
1 lb. Jalapenos – $2.00 (You can get these much cheaper from the store. I got mine from a local farmer. She charges a little more for the produce. I like supporting a small business plus the produce is amazing.)
Cheddar cheese – Free I buy a big bulk package once a month
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Recipe
2 package of thin bacon
1 brick of cream cheese
1 lb. jalapenos
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Slice the jalapenos in half remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse well to get excess seeds off.
- Mix 1 brick of cream cheese at room temperature with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, a little salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream cheese mixture into the jalapenos.
- If you have small jalapenos cut the bacon in half. Wrap the cream cheese stuffed jalapeno with a slice of bacon.
- Grill outdoors until the bacon is cooked about 10 – 15 minutes or bake in the oven at 400 f. for 20 – 25 minutes.