We leave for Disney on Saturday, so I thought I would give you an updated breakdown of the budget:
Our 7 night, 8 day Magic Your Way package is $2031.76. Here’s what it includes:
- 8 day base tickets for 2 adults and 2 children (ages 7 and 4; we are not getting Park Hopper)
- Magic Your Way Dining Plan for 2 adults and 2 children
- 7 night accommodations at Pop Century resort
We decided to fly to Disney this year. It’s a 10 hour drive verses a 1.5 hour direct flight and I got the tickets for so cheap that we decided the time saved was worth it. We got 4 round trip tickets to Orlando for $557.60!
- If we drove, we would need at least 4 tanks of gas. At $50 a tank, that’s $200 for gas.
- We would likely need at least 2 meals on the way there and back. At $20 a meal, that’s $80.
- We had been planning on driving halfway and getting a room on the way there and back. We are traveling with my mother in law and nephew and they won’t be able to do a 10 hour straight drive. A hotel room on the way there and back would of been $120 total.
- If you count the time spent sleeping on the way there and back, we would spend 36 hours traveling.
- 36 hours & $400 vs 6 hours & $557 = well worth it to me!
That brings the budget to $2589.36.
I sat down last night and mapped out all the expenses we will have. If you can think of any extra ones that I might have forgotten, let me know…
$90 for additional meals – We spend approximately $30 on a counter service meal. We get 3 adult entrees, 1 of which the kids split. We all drink ice water. We will probably eat 2 lunches and a dinner at a counter service restaurant where we pay out of pocket. We eat breakfast in our rooms and will bring food in our suitcases.
$50 set aside for extra food expenses.
$150 spending money. $25 for each of the kids (plus they have their own birthday/Christmas/allowance money) and $100 for me and hubby
$100 for tips for our Table Service meals. Unfortunately tips are not included with all of our meals (the tip at Cindrella’s Royal Table is!). Most meals are around $100 before the dining plan, so 20% of that bill is $20 tip per meal.
$35 for tips for Mousekeeping. I’ve always heard the rule of thumb is $1 per person plus an extra $1 per night.
$72 for parking at the airport (ew! I did get a deal on it though)
$20 for extra tips we might have (baggage handlers, bus drivers, etc)
Grand total is $3106.36 for everything!
My grand total saved so far is $2991.64. And I still have a few more things to add to it. Be sure to tune in Friday for the final deposit!