This is an easy tutorial on how to make quick no sew window valances. Window treatments can really dress up not just your window, but your whole room. But sometimes you can’t find what you want when you are looking through already made curtains or valances. Why not make one yourself? You don’t have to know how to sew! Just get some seam tape!
To make this quick no sew window valance, you will need:
- A couple of yards of your favorite fabric (How many yards will depend on how big your window is and how long you want to make your valance. You will just need to measure your window before going to the store. Also, try to avoid light cottons or silks as they do not look good when hung and light is coming through your window.)
- Iron on seam tape
- Curtain Rod
- Iron and ironing board
1. Measure your window and cut your material to fit plus 1 additional inch (at least). Follow the directions on the seam tape on how to iron it on your fabric.
2. Remove the paper backing from your seam tape and fold over the edge. Iron seam down. This will seal your seam once the tape and fabric cool down.
3. On the top part of your fabric, iron on a strip of seam tape close to the edge. Then measure at least 2 1/2″ down and then iron your seam. This will leave a pocket of about 2″ for your curtain rod.
4. Finish ironing all of the edges of your curtain with seam tape so no exposed edges are left.
Be sure to check out these other Decorating on a Budget ideas!