Eating at Walt Disney World can be expensive, but there are ways to save money on Disney dining. Here are my top 10 tips:
1. Bring your own breakfast foods and eat in the room. They sell milk in the hotel food court if you would like to do cereal.
2. Split meals. A lot of the meals at the counter service restaurants are large enough to feed 2 people if you aren’t super hungry.
Cosmic Rays (MK), Flame Tree BBQ (AK) and Sunshine Seasons (EP) all have large servings.
3. Get a free cup of ice water at any restaurant in Disney that serves fountain soda.
4. Order a coke with your meal with no ice. Then get a cup of ice. You will be able to share one drink between two people. (This is not for restaurants that offer free refills.)
5. Order an adult combo for your kids to split instead of ordering 2 kids meals.
6. Order a double cheeseburger and an extra bun. Then you can split it into 2 burgers.
7. Chose to buy things a la carte to save money. Such as buying just a hamburger and soda instead of the combo.
8. Try timing your meals differently – instead of a “breakfast/lunch/dinner” day, do a late breakfast (“brunch”) or an early dinner.
9. Bring your own snacks and water to the park.
10. If you are going to eat at a sit down restaurant, try to do it for lunch. Prices are cheaper then.
11. Look into the different dining plans Disney offers.
Does anyone else have more tips to add?
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.