Here are 5 Disney Dining Plan Secrets You Should Know so you can utilize them on your next vacation:
1. Substitue Your Dessert For A Side – Not in the mood for a sweet treat at your Table-Service meal? Ask the Cast Member if you can substitute the dessert for an extra side.
2. Use Child Quick-Service Credits For Adult Meals – You’ll notice on your receipts that Disney does not differentiate between adult and child Quick-Service credits. You can use your child’s Quick-Service credit to order an adult meal. We prefer the adult chicken nuggets over the children’s (surprisingly they are entirely different types of nuggets).
3. Use Your Snack Credits At The Gift Shops – Many of the gift shops carry a variety of pre-packaged snacks that are part of the Disney Dining Plan. Just look for the purple DDP icon next to the price. Make sure that you spend at least $5.00 on the snack to make it a good value. This is great for picking up snacks to take home too!
4. Get Bottled Drinks At Your Resort’s Quick-Service Location – Since the Dining Plan includes a refillable mug, use it for your beverage at your Resort’s Quick Service location and grab a bottled drink as the beverage with your meal. Stick it in the fridge in your room to have a cold drink later.
5. Exchange Your Credits – If you wish (I don’t recommend it), you can change 1 Quick-Service Credit for 3 Snack Credits. You will lose value by doing this, but if you just can’t eat another Quick-Service meal, this is a good way to get treats to take home. All 3 Snacks will have to be purchased in the same transaction.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.