The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Magic Kingdom is a family friendly thrill ride. Located in Fantasyland, this coaster takes you on a twisting journey through the Seven Dwarfs’ mine. Using new technology, your cart will rock back and forth as you cruise around sharp banks and hairpin turns.
Due to the huge popularity of this attraction, I highly recommend you book your Fastpass+ reservation at 7 AM EST on the 60th day before you arrive at Walt Disney World if you are staying at a Disney resort. If you are staying off-site, you can book your Fastpass+ reservation starting at 7 AM EST on your 30th day before your trip.
Length of Ride: 3 minutes
Height Requirement: 38 inches
Scare Factor: It is a roller coaster with some sharp turns
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Closed in inclement weather
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Okay
Queue: The interactive queue features an area where guests can sort gemstones and twirl buckets of gemstones to create magical projects on the ceiling.
Extra Magic Hours: Both morning and evening hours
When to Ride: With a Fastpass+ reservation or as soon as the park opens
Our Touring Strategy: We will ride this with Fastpass+
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
1. Fastpass+ is a must for this attraction. If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can book your Fastpass+ at 7 AM EST on the 60th day before your arrival date. When your window opens, immediately try for a Fastpass+ for your last full day in the parks. After you secure that one, begin working towards your arrival date snagging Fastpass+ for the attractions you want to experience.2. The interactive queue features an area where guests can sort gemstones and twirl buckets of gemstones to create magical projections on the ceiling. Tap the soap on the gemstone game and it will squirt off the screen.
3. The mine cart ride vehicle will rock back and forth throughout the ride. You can make it rock more by swaying your body from side to side. Just make sure only your family is in your cart! There are 2 rows of seat per cart.
4. The Dwarfs cottage is a detailed representation of the home in the movie including the birdhouse on the front door. Make sure you look as you pass the house to see who is peeking in the window.
5. The figures of Grumpy, Sleepy, Doc, Happy and Bashful in the cottage were from Snow White’s Scary Adventure ride that closed to make way for the Princess Fairytale Hall. The vultures near the mine entrance are also from Snow White’s Scary Adventure.
6. The mine cart was designed to reflect the carts from the movie. It appears to be handmade from wood, shaped by an ax and has hand-hammered metal bands and nails used to bind the wood. They tip and sway to allow them to be loaded with jewels.
7. In the queue you will hear the song “Music In My Soup” play. This song was cut from the original Snow White movie but was re-recorded for this attraction.
8. There are twelve wooden spigots in the queue that represent the animals that the Dwarfs befriend in the film. Each of these spigots play a note in the chromatic scale and when put together they play the melody from the movie.
9. In the Snow White movie, Dopey left the key hanging outside the vault. You can find a replica of this key hanging in the queue.
10. If you are wearing a Magic Band, The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will automatically load a video recreation of your ride onto your band. You can watch it on the My Disney Experience app and if you purchased Memory Maker you will be able to download it.
You might want to schedule a Fastpass+ for the Tinkerbell Meet and Greet.