My Mother in Law made this delicious Slow Cooker Bean Soup using a bag of 15 Bean Soup and leftover ham from dinner the night before. When my husband heard she had cooked it, his eyes lit up. It was staple in his childhood and he was so excited to get to eat it again.
- 1 package of 15 bean soup beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper as desired
- Add ham or bacon pieces if desired
- Wash beans and let them soak according to package directions.
- Put the beans in the crock pot and fill halfway with water.
- Add the seasoning packet from inside the bean package, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ham.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
Check out this recipe for Slow Cooker Gumbo.
Using the Crock Pot not only makes cooking dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill by using less energy than a traditional oven. Check out more Slow Cooker Soups recipes.