Here’s another additional to our slow cooker recipes: chicken poppy seed casserole. This is one of my favorite meals but usually you have to make it in the oven. However, I have figured out a way to do it in the Crock-Pot!
- 4 thawed chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth or water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Place 4 thawed chicken breasts in the crockpot with 1/2 cup of chicken broth or water.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Shred the chicken and mix with sour cream, cream of chicken, and poppy seeds.
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Put the chicken mixture in slow cooker and cook for 1 hour on high.
- Crush crackers and mix with melted butter.
- Put on top of the chicken mixture and cook on high 30 minutes.
You might enjoy this other slow cooker recipe: chicken with cream cheese sauce.
Using a Slow Cooker not only makes preparing dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill because you don’t have to run the oven and heat up the whole house. Check out all the Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we have tried and be sure to share your favorites too!