Soarin’ Around The World in Epcot takes you on a hang-gliding tour of some of the biggest wonders of the world. You will feel like you are flying as you glide over Mt. Everest, The Great Wall of China and ends in Epcot.
Length of Ride: 5.5 minutes
Height Requirement: 40 inches
Scare Factor: This ride lifts you up into the screen area. If you are scared of heights, ask for the back row.
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Indoors
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: No
Queue: Indoors, play 5 different interactive games as you wait.
Extra Magic Hours: Open for morning and evening hours.
When to Ride: First thing when the park opens or with Fastpass
Our Touring Strategy: We always use Fastpass for this one
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- As you wait in line, you can participate in the Soarin’ Challenge.
- If you are a party of 2, listen closely while you are in the queue waiting to enter the loading zones. They will occasionally call for parties of 2 to fill in available seats.
- There are 3 sets of loading zones. If you are being loaded into the first 2 zones, you can ask for the front or back row and you will be pointed to the 3rd loading zone.
- Try to sit in the middle (loading zone 2) if possible. It offers the best view.
- When you are pointed to a row, make sure each person stands on their own yellow hang glider symbol on the floor. If you don’t, the Cast Member will make you.
- One of the places you will visit is The Matterhorn in Europe. This is a tribute to Walt as it was one of his favorite vacation spots.
- Another place you soar over is the Neushwanstein Castle in Germany. It is the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in Disneyland.
You might also enjoy It’s A Small World in Magic Kingdom.