I am going to dive into the 5 biggest differences between value and deluxe resorts. I know I always wondered why people would pay so much more money for a place to lay their head at night, but after staying in both…I realize why! I am not advocating for you to stay in a deluxe over a value, I am just educating you on some of the biggest differences.
Biggest Reason: Price. Deluxe resorts can be almost 3 times as much as a value resort. But ask yourself this… If value resorts didn’t exist, would you think deluxe resorts were really that expensive? Price a nice room at your favorite beach. How does that price compare to what Disney is charging for their deluxe resorts? I think their prices are very competitive with the type of accommodations they are offering.
5. Beds. The value resorts have 2 full size beds with mattresses that are firm and not very thick (some updated rooms do now have queen sized ones, one as a murphy bed). The deluxe resorts have queen size beds that are plush and somewhat firm.
My husband and I have a very hard time sleeping in a full size bed together since we have a king size bed at home. So we usually each end up sleeping with one of our kids so we at least have space to turn over.
4. Linens and Toilet Paper. Yep. The deluxe resorts have better toilet paper. It’s softer and not as flimsy. They also have softer linens on the bed and thicker towels. So your overall comfort level is higher in a deluxe resort.
3. Swimming Pools. The deluxe resorts have slides at their pools. They also usually aren’t as crowded as a value resort since they don’t have nearly as many guests at the resort.
2. Resort Size. Most deluxe resorts have 1/3rd the number of rooms that the values do. That means there are less elbow rubbing with other guests, the buses aren’t as crowded and the restaurants aren’t nearly as busy.
1. Location. Since most deluxe resorts were built in the first years that Walt Disney World was open, they are closer to the parks than the value resorts. The bus stops are also closer to the entrance than the values. Because of this, you will actually end up spending more time in the parks if you stay in a deluxe because you won’t have to spend as long getting to and from your resort.
If you are considering a deluxe resort, the least expensive options are Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge (although this resort is only close to Animal Kingdom).
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Resorts and contact Destinations in Florida to help you book your perfect resort.