I still can’t believe that we live here now! Here are 8 things I have learned since becoming a Florida resident.
- Annual passes are more affordable – Disney has multiple options for annual passes and they let you pay for them monthly. We pay $55 per person for our annual pass. It lets us enter the parks 365 days a year and go to the water parks. There are less expensive options (some are under $20) but we wanted to experience it all at least for our first year.
- Fastpass+ are harder – As a Florida resident, you can make Fastpass+ starting 30 days before your travel date. I haven’t yet scored a Fastpass+ to Seven Dwarfs and many rides that we want to Fastpass+ do not have options available until the evening.
- You can only have 7 days worth of Fastpass+ – I’ve discovered that we can only have 7 days planned for Fastpass+ at any given time. Since we aim to go twice a week, that doesn’t even cover all our trips in 30 days. I have to choose some days to not have Fastpass+ so I can aim for E-Ticket attractions 30 days away.
- Last minute dining reservations are awesome – I’ve discovered that people release their dining reservations about 24 – 36 hours before their dining time (to avoid the no show fee). I’ve been able to score what we want last minute and I have seen a lot of great restaurants come open. Always check if you didn’t get what you wanted at first!
- Touring the parks has a different feel – Knowing that I can go to the parks and do a handful of things and go home feels completely different. It is so much more laid back. I am able to enjoy Disney a lot more and it has cut down on the Disney grumps (whiny kids).
- I reach 10k steps by 11 AM – Each day my Fitbit goal is 10k steps. On Disney days, I reach it by 11 AM. That’s super nice!
- I take a lot more to the parks – Because we are local and we drive, I figure I can take as much as I want to the parks. So we take about 12 water bottles, a picnic, autograph books, trading pins, fans, small toys, etc. A lot more than I would take if I was staying at the resort.
- I am having a lot more fun – Going to the parks with the family is so much fun. Being able to let the kids take turns dictating our touring plan has been so enjoyable for them. We can ride what they want and then do some blog work and leave for the day. It is so great!
Hope you enjoyed this post!