We decided to go to Universal Studios today spur of the moment. We had planned on going to the Magic Kingdom but I was feeling blue and knew I needed a Harry Potter fix. Here are some things that I learned from our day today:
- Everyone has to go through metal detectors at Universal Studios. The lines weren’t long at all and we got right through. They had a bunch in operation. It wasn’t like this the last time I was here.
- The wait times were low today. We were able to walk on Spiderman, Cat in the Hat and a few other rides in Dr. Seuss land by getting there early. Everyone went straight back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I think riding everything else and then getting in line for the Harry Potter rides is a great plan.
- Butterbeer is delicious. I didn’t learn this today, but I just wanted to mention it. Did you know if you put a straw in Butterbeer it will overflow? It is also dairy free.
- People are inconsiderate. The kids rode the Hogwarts Express for the first time today and the other guests in our car watched Youtube videos and talked the whole time. It was very inconsiderate and disappointing.
- Exchange your money at Gringotts first. In Diagon Alley you can exchange Muggle money for wizard money (although why it isn’t coins I don’t know). Do this first before you spend money in Harry Potter World because it is just fun.
- Use the companion restrooms. There are 2 different companion restrooms in Diagon Alley back by Magical Menagerie. They are very spacious and have a changing table. This is great for moms and others that need the use of the bathrooms.
- Try the Fish ‘N Chips at the Leaky Cauldron – I ordered it for myself and both kids tried to take it from me. It was delicious.
- Park the stroller – The stores are narrow and small (one of J.K. Rowling’s requirements was that they be to scale) and it makes navigating the stores with a stroller very difficult. Park the stroller and carry your child or wear them.
- Use the second entrance to Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods – There is a second entrance located across from the exit to Flight of the Hippogriff. It is much easier to get into the store from this entrance.
Hope this helps to make your day at Universal better!