The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover in Magic Kingdom is a 10-minute tour of Tomorrowland on a emission-free mass transit system of the future. On this tour, you’ll go behind the scenes of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Mickey’s Star Traders, Space Mountain (if you are lucky you might just see it with the lights on) and you’ll see early models of Epcot.
Length of Ride: 10 minutes
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: It does go through a couple dark tunnels
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Closes in inclement weather
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes
Queue: You ride up a stairless escalator
Extra Magic Hours: Open for morning magic hours
When to Ride: Anytime
Our Touring Strategy: We have never seen a long line at The People Mover so we usually ride this one in the afternoon.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- Look for the Galaxy Gazette Hawker in the queue and read the headlines of his newspaper.
- Great way to relax.
- If it isn’t crowded, ask the Cast Member if you can stay on for another go!
- If the People Mover stops, don’t be alarmed. Either someone stood up or they are loading a handicap person onto the ride.
- See an up-close view of the model of Progress City, a “Community of Tomorrow” that inspired plans for Epcot.
- You also can see an inside view of Space Mountain (very cool when the lights are on) and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.
You might also enjoy The American Idol Experience in Hollywood Studios.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.