This is a recipe for Tony’s Town Square Restaurant Chicken Parmigiana. It ends up tasting just like it (so says my husband).
- 1/2 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 2 TBSP Romano Cheese
- 2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 2 TSP Salt & Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 Cup Marinara
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound chicken breasts or tenders
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, romano cheese, garlic powder and salt and pepper in one bowl.
- Break egg and wisk in a second bowl.
- Pour flour into a 3rd bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the flour than into the egg and finally into the bread crumb mixture. Make sure to coat well. Set aside.
- Repeat step 4 with all pieces of the chicken.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and fry until fully cooked.
- Place into an oven safe baking dish.
- Pour marinara over chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella.
- Heat in oven until the cheese has melted.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles.
My husband said this one was a winner!