1. Sassagoula River Cruise: You can take a relaxing 20 minute boat ride down the Sassagoula River to Downtown Disney. You can hop off and eat or shop at Downtown Disney or just enjoy the ride back to the Riverside taking in the beautiful scenery along the way.
2. Ye Haa Bob Jackson: Head over to the River Roost Lounge and Bar. On Wednesday to Saturday nights you can catch Bob from 8:30 until midnight. Join in on the fun and sing along with Bob for a Rip Roaring time!
3. Moderate Pricing for Deluxe Value: The Port Orleans Riverside has many amenities that the Deluxe resorts offer without the deluxe prices. You can enjoy bus or boat transportation, a full service restaurant, lounge with entertainment, themed pool, marina with boat and bike rentals and beautiful grounds.
4. Alligator Bayou Rooms: The Alligator Bayou rooms offer accommodations for families of 5, at a family friendly price. For a family of 5, there are no other options unless you choose a Deluxe, Suite or 2 rooms at a value.
5. Food: If you love Southern Cooking, then Boatwright’s is a place you want try! They have amazing Jambalaya and the Bananas Fosters is amazing!
6. Pool and Recreation: The resort has a wonder themed pool at Ol’ Man Island with fountains and geysers and a kid’s pool area. There are also 5 quite pools to choose from and if that was not enough you can head next door and check out the Sea Serpent Slide at the Port Orleans French Quarter Pool!
7. Location: The Port Orleans Riverside is just minutes from many Disney Locations. At the Riverside you have easy access to Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.
8. Princess Rooms: If you want to surprise your little one with a magical room or your visit the Royal Rooms at Riverside can do this! Tiana has decorated the rooms with gifts from all of her Princess friends. It is an amazing site for anyone to see!
Written by Tabitha Candebat: Tabitha’s obsession with a little mouse named Mickey began at age 4 when she received her first set of “Mouse Ears”. With over 50 trips to Disney World, she loves to share her knowledge and passion by Planning Disney vacations for other guests. Catch the Disney fever with Tabitha! Email, Request a Quote or Call her at (504)296-6637 today! It’s time to book your next Disney World vacation. Be sure to follow her on Facebook and Twitter.