*** Now Unavailable Starting 10/21/18 for an unknown amount of time ***
Rafiki’s Planet Watch in Animal Kingdom is a hidden gem, a place where your party can go to learn how Walt Disney World cares for the 1,000s of animals located in the park. You can also learn about conservation efforts of organizations around the world and learn what you can do to help.
To reach Rafiki’s Planet Watch, you must board the Wildlife Express Train in Animal Kingdom in Harambe, Africa. This train is equipped with seats that face toward one side of the train, enabling passengers with a great view but only of one side of the journey. On the 7 minute train ride, you will pass backstage areas of the Animal Kingdom including the housing and veterinary facilities for many of the animals that roam the savanna during the day. Did you know that each animal has been trained to listen for a specific sound and when they hear that sound in the evening, they know it’s time to head back home?
While waiting for the approaching train and during boarding, take a moment to observe all of the intricate details of the train. On the roof of the train, you’ll spot a variety of supplies that might have been delivered to the real life conservation areas in Africa.
Tips for Wildlife Express Train
- Pick a seat in the middle of the train for a fast exit
- Try to sit on the front row for the best view
- The train can seat 250 people
- Trains leave every 5-7 minutes
- It is a 7 minute trip to Rafiki’s Planet Watch but only 5 minutes back
- Round-trip journey is 1.2 miles
- Fold up your personal stroller to take it with you on the train
- Disney’s rental strollers are not allowed on the train and they must be parked in stroller parking before arriving at the depot
The Wildlife Express Train is traveling from Lusaka to Nairobi to Kisangani.
Visit Africa in the Animal Kingdom and ride the Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.