The Happily Ever After Nighttime Spectacular Fireworks Show in Magic Kingdom takes place every night. Using Cinderella’s Castle as a backdrop for the projection show, fireworks explode into the sky in sync with the music and story.
If the weather permits, Tinker Bell will take flight during the show. She flies from the top of the castle to the top of the Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant. During the day, you can see her zip line if you look closely. If you want to see her fly, make sure your spot offers a view of this zip line.
Check your Times Guide for showtimes before your trip. Keep in mind that it only operates if the weather is permitting.
Viewing Spots For Happily Ever After
You can book the Happily Ever After Dessert Party for premium viewing. It takes place at the Tomorrowland Terrace. You can book it 30-60 days before you arrive.
In The Park
- Grab a table at Casey’s Corner and enjoy a delicious dinner while you wait for the Fireworks to begin (arrive at least 1 hour early).
- Stand anywhere in front of Casey’s Corner or the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. This is said to be the best viewing spot for the show. View it as a big oval with the tips of the oval on either side of the restaurants (arrive 20-30 minutes early).
- Anywhere between the entrance to Main Street and the Castle. People will stand in the street when the show is about to begin (arrive anywhere from 1 hour to 10 minutes before showtime).
- Standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland (the one that takes you by Stitch’s Great Escape) from Main Street (arrive 20-30 minutes early).
- From the second level of the train station. There are chairs and tables available but they go quickly (arrive 2 hours early).
- If you can ride Big Thunder or Splash Mountain during the fireworks, it is an incredible experience. You won’t see all the show but it will make the ride more magical.
- Between Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel and Enchanted Tales with Belle. Fireworks will shoot off from both sides of you and provide a different magical experience (arrive 10 minutes early).
- Grab a bench seat outside Gaston’s Tavern and be the center of the fireworks.
Outside The Park
You can see the fireworks but they are best seen inside the park since they project a large amount of scenes on the castle itself. However, if you want to see the fireworks outside the park the following locations will offer a decent view:
- The sidewalk near the beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view.
- If you book a dinner reservation at ‘Ohanas about 1 hour and 15 minutes before Happily Ever After showtime, they will dim the lights and pipe in the music and you can watch Happily Ever After while you eat.
- The Ticket and Transportation Center also pipes in the music. This is a great place to watch them for a quick exit.
- Narcoosee’s restaurant at the Grand Floridian also has good views. You can enter the deck from the sidewalk outside the restaurant (it is not actually part of the restaurant). You can also see it from the Grand Floridian dock.
- The California Grill at the Contemporary Resort has breathtaking views. You must book a reservation for the restaurant but you can eat at anytime and then return to the restaurant before the fireworks begin.
- The Seven Seas Lagoon offers great views. We have taken a boat from the Magic Kingdom back to Wilderness Lodge and seen almost all of the show. You can also book a private cruise or the Pirates and Pals Firework Voyage Cruise for the kids.
- Fireworks can also be seen from Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness beaches if you are staying in those resorts.
Please chime in with your favorite viewing locations as well!
Don’t miss Illuminations in Epcot.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.