Frozen Ever After in Epcot is located in the Norway pavilion. It is a dark ride that takes you through some of the popular scenes from Frozen and Frozen Ever After.
Length of Ride: 4:50
Height Requirement: None.
Scare Factor: Contains a 28 foot drop (mild). It is also a dark ride.
Rider Switch (for small kids): No.
Weather Procedure: Located indoors.
Ride Photo: No.
Flash Photography: Advised against. This is a dark ride.
Queue: Weave through the town of Arendelle and even go through Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post and Sauna
Extra Magic Hours: Yes
When to Ride: In the morning or with Fastpass+
Our Touring Strategy: Right now I am going to suggest you get a Fastpass+. The line reached 5 hours on opening day!
- This ride includes scenes from Frozen and Frozen Ever After including the popular Snowgies.
- The backstory is that it is a Summer Snow Day Celebration. Queen Elsa brought a day of winter to Arendelle in summer in honor of Princess Anna’s act of true love and her bravery.
- The ride track is the exact same as when it was known as Maelstrom. All that was changed was the loading/unloading area and the theming.
- In the queue you will go through the town of Arendelle and in Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post and Sauna. Pay attention to the window in the door behind the desk.
- Look for the viking ship on the side of the building where you board the ship. It is a tribute to Maelstrom.
- This ride only boards one boat at a time which is why the queue gets so long.
- You might get a little wet on Frozen Ever After especially if you sit in the first or second rows on the left side.
- There is a photo taken during this ride. It will magically appear on the PhotoPass area of the MyDisneyExperience app as long as you have a MagicBand on.
- Pay close attention to Marshmallow. Just before you go down the hill, he says “I’m free!”
- This attraction exits into a Frozen overloaded gift shop. Make sure you tell your kids if they will be allowed to shop or not.