Animal Kingdom gets a bad rep as a Disney themed zoo when it is far from that. Not only does it have a number of exciting attractions, but there are shows, character meets, animal exhibits, delicious restaurants and so much more! Here are 5 reasons not to skip Animal Kingdom:
1. Learn about animals – Animal Kingdom is a teaching park with a number of educational exhibits, trails, attractions and knowledgable Cast Members. Many of the exhibits have a Cast Member on hand to answer any questions you might have and tell you some interesting facts about the animal that aren’t on any of the information plaques.
2. Interact throughout the park – Wilderness Explorers is an interactive game that takes you on a journey to all areas of the park to learn about animals, insects, nature and wilderness skills. You’ll earn a sticker for each activity you complete and a special reward if you complete all 30+ badges.
3. Meet unique characters – This park is home to a number of characters that you can’t meet anywhere else in Walt Disney World. A few of the current options include Pocahantas, Tarzan, King Louie and Baloo. It is also the only location to meet Mickey and Minnie together.
4. Get soaked with your family – Kali River Rapids is a 12 person raft that sends you on a journey down the river (and a waterfall!). It is one of the only attractions where you can see your family’s expressions throughout the entire ride.
5. Celebrate with The Lion King – The best show at Walt Disney World is Festival of the Lion King. Enjoy bright costumes, larger than life characters and the hilarious Tumble Monkeys in this grand celebration of the songs from The Lion King. There are multiple performances throughout the day.
What is your favorite thing about Animal Kingdom?