Disney World has many rides, even Roller Coasters, however it has much more. If thrill rides are not your thing, Disney World has many non-ride activities for those who want to keep both feet on the ground. Consider a show or another fun activity listed in these 10 must do non-ride attractions.
1. For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration takes place daily in Hollywood Studios. This 30-minute attraction can be found in the echo lake area. Guests are invited to watch a live retelling of Disney’s Frozen featuring Elsa, Anna and more.
2. Club Cool in Epcot is your chance to try soda from around the world, for free. Simply wander into Club Cool with Coca-Cola merchandise and you will find the various soda fountains to sample different drinks, all labeled with where they are from. This is a fun, refreshing activity.
3. Festival of the Lion King at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a lively 30 minute show. See fire dancers, since Hakuna Matata and more, all celebrating Disney’s the Lion King.
4. Snacking Around the World Showcase in Epcot is a great way to spend a leisurely afternoon. Further experience Epcot and each country by trying the foods. Epcot’s World Showcase represents 11 countries, therefore bring a friend or family to share snacks. Learn how to Snack Around the World Showcase for under $50.
5. Play Drums in Pandora – World of Avatar. There is a section of drums bringing together people of all ages to try them out. Also here, at various times through out the day guests may watch a traditional Na’vi Drum Ceremony, performed by musicians. There are other locations to play drums in Disney World as well.
6. Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios retells the tale as old as time. Watch the Beast, Belle, Gaston and more in this entertaining live musical performed at Theater of the Stars. The show lasts 25 minutes.
7. Grab a pastry or coffee at Main St Bakery (serving Starbucks Coffee) and then stop to watch the Citizens of Main Street USA. They love to talk and interact, ask questions as they love to tell a story.
8. Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade is performed daily (weather permitting) at Disney’s magic Kingdom. See your favorite characters and colorful floats, set to original music. The parade lasts 12 minutes.
9. Meet Characters in all parks at Walt Disney World (and even outside of the parks, with no park ticket needed). Meeting Characters is a great activity and part of the magic. Meet classics like Minnie, Mickey and other fun character interactions such as Joy and Sadness or Chewbacca and many more.
10. Happily Ever After at Disney’s Magic Kingdom is a dream come true experience. The storytelling, the images and the fireworks themselves are a magical sight to see and bigger then ever. End your day at Magic Kingdom with the nightly fireworks spectacular, Happily Ever After which was added in 2017. The show is 18 minutes long.