Mission: Space in Epcot is a space launch simulator that takes you on a trip to Mars. Each guest is assigned a role for the mission: navigator, pilot, commander or engineer and during the mission must initiate specific functions to land without crashing.
You can also choose from 2 levels of intensity. The orange side spins and tilts and can cause motion sickness. The green side is tamer and offers minimal tilting but it is still a fun experience.
- You can choose between the orange side or the green side. The green side is a milder experience.
- Don’t ride until 1-2 hours after you have eaten. Also make sure to use the restroom just before you ride.
- If you aren’t riding and you have little kids, you can enter through the gift shop to the exit area of Mission Space where you will find a playground the kids can enjoy.
- There are a few hand on exhibits at the end of the ride. Great place to play in the hotter part of the day or in the rain.
- This ride is not extremely popular and usually boasts waits significantly shorter than Test Track.
- This same area used to be home to an attraction called Horizons. There is a tribute to this attraction cloaked as a Hidden Mickey.