Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom is a hilarious cruise around dangerous rivers in Asia, Africa and South America. You will encounter amazing wonders of nature while listening to a skipper who might have a funny joke or ten to share with you.
Length of Ride: 8 minutes
Height Requirement: No
Scare Factor: No
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Closed in inclement weather
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes
Queue: Shaded. Check the Secrets/Tips section for items to look for.
Extra Magic Hours: Open for evening magic hours.
Fastpass +: Yes
When to Ride: Early in the day or with Fastpass+.
Our Touring Strategy: We used Fastpass when it was with the old system. We aren’t huge fans of this ride so it isn’t at the top of our list.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- Just before you get to the entrance to the Jungle Cruise, you will see some giant Tiki god statues. If you listen carefully you will hear the sound of distant drums and if you aren’t careful with where you step, you might get spit on!
- If you hear thunder, avoid this ride until later. They will close it if there is thunder in the area and you will wasted time in line.
- There is half of a lockhead plane on this ride. The other half is on the Great American Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios.
- Look for the employee of the month sign and say his name out loud.
- Near the beginning of the boat ride, look at the tribal head carvings on the 3 canoes
- Ride at night for a different experience
- Look for the chalkboard listing the names of the missing passengers
- One of the Jungle Cruise “natives” says, “I love Disco.”
You might also enjoy the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.