Prince Charming Regal Carousel in Magic Kingdom features 90 horses and 18 paintings depicting the Cinderella story. Built in 1917, this carousel was originally named Liberty Carousel and was acquired by Disney Imagineers in 1967. They performed an extensive renovation and it was one of the opening day attractions in 1971.
Length of Ride: 2 minutes
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: None
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Located outdoors
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes
Extra Magic Hours: Open for morning and evening hours.
When to Ride: Anytime when the line is short
Our Touring Strategy: We just jump in and ride this one anytime after lunch.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- There are 90 horses on this Carousel. Judge the line and don’t get in it if there are too many people. Usually there won’t be though.
- Make this one of your last rides in Fantasyland because the line is usually short.
- The horses on the outside go faster than the ones on the inside. If you have small kids, put them on a horse on the inside.
- Cinderella has a horse on the carousel. It has a golden ribbon on it’s tail!
- There is one carved chariot on this ride.
- Every horse goes up and down.
- If someone in your party is not riding, have them snap pictures of the kids on the ride. Aim to have the kids sit on the outside of the ride for better pictures.
- Lit by over 2300 twinkling lights at night.
See how many points you can score on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.