- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package Italian dressing mix
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray (believe me, you don’t want to skip this step!)
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker and sprinkle with Italian dressing mix. Pour 2 tbsp melted butter on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours.
- Saute onion and garlic in the remaining 2 tbsp butter in a sauce pan.
- Add cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until all are combined and smooth.
- Pour into slow cooker and cook on low for an additional hour.
Here is an easy way to make Slow Cooker Homemade Chicken Broth.
Using a Slow Cooker not only makes preparing dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill because you don’t have to run the oven and heat up the whole house. Check out all the Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we have tried and be sure to share your favorites too!