Update: Due to the construction of the Tron coaster, The Tomorrowland Speedway is temporarily closed, reopening Summer 2019.
Tomorrowland Speedway in Magic Kingdom lets you race your hotrod at speeds up to 7 miles per hour around a scenic 0.4 mile motorway. As a safeguard, there is a rail located underneath the car which will keep you on course.
Length of Ride: 4.5 minutes
Height Requirement: 32 inches
Scare Factor: Very bumpy and jerky
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Closed in inclement weather
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes
Queue: In the sun
Extra Magic Hours: Open for morning and evening hours
When to Ride: With Fastpass+ as the line gets long for this one quickly since it is slow loading
Our Touring Strategy: We rode this first thing in the morning but now that they have Fastpass+, we will be taking advantage of that.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- Guests who are at least 32 inches tall can drive the car around the course as long as they are with someone at least 54 inches tall.
- If your child is at least 54 inches tall, they can drive their own car.
- Don’t drive too fast or you will end up waiting a long time to unload.
- Once you finish your race, ask a Cast Member for a driver’s license for the kids.
- If one of the members in your party isn’t riding, send them to the path behind the track which is great for taking action shots.
You will also enjoy Soarin’ at Epcot.