As you know when traveling to Walt Disney World it can be quite tiring and often you find yourself not wanting to do a lot or spend money once you have arrived. For this matter I have compiled a list of some FREE things that you can do to unwind and prepare yourself for your wonderful vacation that is ahead of you.
- Watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Even if you don’t have a park ticket, you can still see the show from the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian.
- Everyone knows that if you do not want to spend the money you can go to Disney Springs. It offers a fun evening of entertainment as well as a cool atmosphere. Also don’t forget to get your FREE chocolate from Ghirardelli’s.
- Find Hidden Mickeys! Take a look around your Resort and find as many of the highly recognizable shapes as you can!
- Resort Hop. Go and see all the cool places and styles of restaurants that are offered at the Disney Resorts!
- Take a FREE Tour of Wilderness Lodge. To find out times check with your WDW Resort front desk. Also there are tons of Hidden Mickeys to find on this tour!
- Watch the Electrical Water Pageant from the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian. This parade takes part every night on the Seven Seas lagoon. Times vary each night but are usually after fireworks.
- Go and walk the nature trails at Fort Wilderness.
- Visit the Boardwalk for tons of street entertainment and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Go see and listen to a campfire song and campfire movie over at Fort Wilderness.
- Take a ride on the Monorail. Go take a ride on this futuristic mode of transportation starting at the Transportation and Ticket Center. Go circle through Epcot and see what excitement lies ahead. Seamlessly sneak in and out of the Contemporary and catch a sneak peek at Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey’s. Then pass by the Victorian styled Grand Floridian and take a glance at the past and all its luxury.
Also don’t forget to look around for the extra Magical Moments at Walt Disney World.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.
Zachary Nace is a former Cast Member at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL. He worked in Epcot and ESPN Wide World of Sports and loved every second of it.