Waiting in line (also called a queue) is not something that most Guests want to do, but sometimes you have to wait. Disney has really stepped up their game in recent years and made queues more interactive. These are the 11 best queues at Walt Disney World:
1. Peter Pan’s Flight – This queue completely tells the story of Peter Pan and allows Guests to become a part of it. You can interact with your own shadow, get dusted by Pixie Dust and view incredible paintings from the story.
2. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Guests can try to match jewels, create music by running your hands through water and even spin barrels for a fun experience.
3. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – This queue is great for little ones. The beginning features a playground where they can briefly run around while the parents remain in the line. Next they can push bumblebees into their hives and then try to uncover characters that have been hidden by honey.
4. Toy Story Mania – While this queue is not interactive, it is immersive in the story. Walk across giant game boards, spot giant crayons (the pink one hasn’t even been used) and see how many climbing monkeys you can count. You’ll definitely feel like a toy!
5. Dumbo – Gone are the days of waiting forever in the hot sun to ride Dumbo. This queue is almost completely indoors and features a large playground for kids to play. Get a pager when you enter the playground and it will let you know when it is your turn to ride.
6. Haunted Mansion – Wind your way through the graveyard area where you can read tombstones, play musical instruments on the side of a crypt, get squirted with water and try to push books back into their case (it’s impossible to get them all).
7. Star Tours – Filled with memorabilia from the movies, this queue is a must do for any Star Wars fan. There are also a number of hidden tributes to characters in the movies and attractions at Walt Disney World.
8. Expedition Everest – This queue is probably the most intricately detailed queue in all of Walt Disney World. It features over 8,000 artifacts and takes Guests on a journey from the booking office for the Himalayan Escapes all the way up through the inside of the mountain.
9. Tower of Terror – This incredibly detailed queue takes Guests through the lobby of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. There are abandoned items and decor from the 1930’s that have remained in the same place since that fateful night when 5 people disappeared forever. You’ll also find Twilight Zone related items if you have a keen eye.
10. Test Track – Your party will have the opportunity to create their own vehicle to test on the track. You can pick the shape, color, accessories, and lots more. If you want to make multiple cars, don’t tell the Cast Member that you are all together. Split up into smaller parties within your group.
11. Enchanted Tales with Belle – This queue takes you right through Belle’s cottage. You can see her books, Maurice’s inventions and even a growth chart that has been used to measure Belle’s height ever since she was a little girl.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.