Are you dreaming of a Disney Cruise vacation? Once you start planning, here are 3 tips to get the most our of your Disney Cruise!
1. Take Advantage of What’s Included
There is much included on a Disney Cruise, to enjoy it to the fullest take advantage by knowing what’s included.
- 3-Course Dinner, here are 7 Reasons to look forward to Dinner.
- Food, such as ice-cream, poolside snacks and 24 hour room service.
- Live entertainment, learn 9 Musicals offered on Disney Cruise Lines.
- Disney Movies, at Buena Vista Theatre, view classic and current Disney films.
- Pirate Night, learn 6 things to know & do at Pirates Night on a Disney Cruise.
- Space Just For Kids, enjoy time at the Kids Clubs. Note, there is a charge for it’s a small world nursery.
- Adult Time, at the Adult-Only areas.
- Deck Parties & Fireworks (fireworks on most itineries).
- Pools & Recreation, enjoy waterslides, water play areas and more fun by the poolside.
- Stateroom, on a Disney Cruise are designed with family’s in mind, learn sizes & more.
2. Explore Castaway Cay
Also included on your Disney Cruise (on most Bahamian & Caribbean Cruises), is a stop at Castaway Cay. This is a private island with beautiful beaches and more, owned by Disney.
- Castaway Family Beach – Serving a lunch buffet (included), and everything you need for a day in the sun such as beach chairs and umbrellas (an inner tube rental will cost $11). Also purchase soft drinks and adult beverages at 1 of the 3 bars.
- Character Meet & Greets – Find Disney Characters, in their island attire at the post office, at Mt. Rushmore and on the dock as you head back to ship.
- Observation Tower – Near the center of the island find a 40-ft tall Observation tower, climb 47 steps for breathtaking views.
- Pelican Plunge – Swim out to this 2,400 sq. ft. platform with 2 water slides and fill buckets. Fun for all ages.
- RunDisney Castaway Cay 5K – Participate in this free RunDisney event on the island, for guests ages 10 or older, walk or run 3.1 miles. Get a participation medal!
- Serenity Bay – This is a private adults -only beach (guests 18 and older).
3. Relax & Enjoy Disney Magic
Disney Cruise lines are unique with touches of Disney magic. Relax and enjoy the Character encounters and more. Disney Character Interactions are just one of the Disney touches.
- Character Encounters, enjoy Character encounters on the ship, in a more relaxed setting than at Disney parks. Also consider a visit to Animator’s Palate for character sightings, and deck parties.
- Magical Virtual Window, on board Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy
- Disney Movies in your Stateroom, relax with a Disney movie!
- Relax, there are plenty of opportunities to relax as mentioned with beaches on Castaway Cay and Pools on ship. Also consider a visit to the on-ship Spa.
- Look For Hidden Mickeys, a fun Disney touch.
photo credit: Disney parks blog
Read more about Disney Cruises