Disney Cruise Line has various cruise itineraries. For guests thinking of a tropical Disney Cruise getaway, here is a handy packing list filled with must know information. This is the perfect packing list for Bahamian and Caribbean Cruises. Now read, items not to forget, what clothing to pack and odd but useful items for your suitcase!
Average Summer Weather (Fahrenheit):
- The average summer temperatures in the Bahamas range from a high of 89 to a low of 73 degrees
- The average summer temperatures in the Caribbean’s range from a high of 89 to a low of 78 degrees
Do Not Forget Items:
- Medication (keep in original containers)
- First-Aid items
- Camera & battery
- Autograph Book
For all your fun time in the sun, from family pools, Goofy’s Sports Deck, Port Adventures and Dinners guests need a variety of clothing.
- Swimsuits (more than 1)
- Cover ups
- T-Shirts & Tank Tops
- Athletic wear
- Tennis Shoes
- Pair of Jeans/Pants
- Rubber-sole shoes (for Port Advnetures)
- Capris (for Port Adventures)
- Light sweater/sweatshirt
- Wind proof/rain jacket
- Cruise Casual attire
- Semi-formal to formal attire
- New PJ’s for Kids
- Pirate Gear
The main family dining rooms adhere to cruise casual attire and do not allow tank tops or swimwear. Wear a dressier outfit to partake in the semi-formal and formal nights and take advantage of the onboard photography services. Guests dining at Palo or Remy will need to adhere to their own formal dress code.
New Pajamas for the Kids
Consider purchasing at least one new pair of Pajamas for your child. The kids clubs hold pajama parties, and kids are encouraged to wear their sleepwear to the party.
For Pirate Night, exclusive to Disney Cruises is a Pirate themed night of fun, come in your best pirates gear. Save money by purchasing and packing your Pirate Costume before your trip. Enjoy a pirate themed dinner, Mickey’s Pirate Party (see Characters in their Pirate Attire) and more.
Multiple Bathing Suits
Disney has a private island, named Castaway Cay, for guests to visit on a Bahamian and Caribbean cruise with Disney Cruise Line. In addition to the on board pools, guests will have a chance to visit Castaway Cay which has a beach and Pelican Plunge! Pelican Plunge contains water slides and more water fun, just a short swim from the shore. Since putting on a wet bathing suit is uncomfortable, I recommend packing more than 1 bathing suit for each person.
Odd But Useful Things To Pack:
- Binoculars – maybe spy a Dolphin or two.
- Old Room Key – for controlling room lights & AC
- Beach Towel Clips – come in handy for keeping towels put.
- Ziploc Bags – come in handy for storing wet bathing suits, keep phones dry etc.
- Magnetic Hooks – since cruise walls are magnetic, these are great for keeping sweatshirts off the floor.
- Disinfectant wipes – to do an initial wipe down of the room
- Air freshener – after all, it is a smaller area in your stateroom.
- Laundry detergent – if you will be doing laundry on board.
- Magnet for door – easily identify your room and add some Disney cheer
- Fish Extender Gifts – a fun and optional gift swap activity
Read more about Disney Cruises
Learn more about traveling to Walt Disney World and the perks of using a Disney Travel Agent.