Eating Around The World(showcase) is a fun challenge to embark on in Epcot. If you are considering it, here are 5 tips for eating around the world:
1. Go for dinner – If you are planning on replacing a meal with snacks from each of the 11 countries, opt to go for dinner instead of lunch. Start eating around 5 PM and see how long it takes you. I recommend dinner because the heat during lunch time can impact the level of fun.
2. Canada doesn’t have many options – When you reach Canada, you’ve got to decide what to do. They do not have a Quick-Service restaurant. They do have a popcorn stand that serves the same popcorn as every other stand or you can pick candy from the Northwest Mercantile. You could also book a Table Service meal at Le Cellier although if you do that I would encourage you to book a lunch and then finish eating around the world for dinner.
3. Plan ahead – Instead of just winging it, take the time to look at the menus for the snack and Quick-Service locations in each country. You need to alternate between sweet and savory as much as possible.
4. Budget for the snacks – Many of the options are snack credits on the Dining Plan. Save at least 11 snack credits to use on this venture. You can share each snack with 1-3 people. You don’t want to fill up too fast!
5. Add to the challenge – You can also add alcoholic to the challenge if you want to drink around the world. Or if you don’t want to fill up quickly, consider buying a prepackaged snack in each country and completing the challenge when you return home.
Have you ever eaten around the world?
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.