There are currently six resorts that offer character meals, all of them Deluxes. You do not have to be a guest of the Disney resort to enjoy a meal there. In fact, you don’t even have to be on a Disney vacation. If you are in Orlando and feel like having a waffle with Stitch, you can bebop over to ‘Ohana at the Polynesian Resort for breakfast with everyone’s favorite Elvis loving alien.
Enjoying a character meal gives guests the opportunity to spend more quality time with their favorite Disney characters while also enjoying a delicious meal. Instead of standing in line or using one of your precious FastPasses, you can relax in comfort with the characters coming to your table during their visitation rotation.
A few quick tips:
- These meals are in demand so it is highly recommend that you take advantage of the 180 reservation day window and make your reservations as soon as possible.
- If you are driving to the resort, you will tell the Cast Member at the gate you have a dining reservation. You have a 3 hour window where you can park for free if you are dining at the resort.
- Characters are subject to change. While it’s pretty certain you will get the character whose name is in the meal description (Ie Chef Mickey’s) the rotating secondary characters may alternate.
- Some resort restaurants only have character meals at one time of day (breakfast or dinner). Be sure you are checking that characters are available during your reservation times.
- The prices of meals will vary by time of the year (peak vs regular vs value season) and by day of the week (weekends tend to be a little pricier than weekdays) and also just cuz Disney’s gonna do Disney. The prices listed are an estimate based on recent menus. These prices do not included gratuity, though an automatic gratuity of 18% will be added for a table of 6 or more.
- Trattoria al Forno
- Boardwalk Resort
- Breakfast 7:30am-12:05pm
- Disney Dining Plan: 1 Table Service Credit per Person
- Adult $34-$38, Child 20-$22
Make sure you have your frying pan and dinglehoppers ready, because you’re about to meet two of the most beloved duos from Disney fairytales. Enjoy a delicious, plated breakfast while you encounter Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Ryder. Eugene Fitzherbert is also on the character roster ;) .
One word for you: princes. Princes! It’s one of only three meals on the entire property where you can meet a prince (shout out to the Beast and Be Our Guest, and Prince Charming at the Happily Ever After Dinner). Princes usually only come out for special event meet and greets, like at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Everyone loves Rapunzel and Ariel (who you can meet at the Magic Kingdom), but adding the princes was a stroke of genius. The character interaction here are top notch, with each of the four visiting your table independently. And prepare to have the BEST. DAY. EVER. with the Napkin Parade led by Ariel around the restaurant. The food here is high standard, with a variety of pastries for the table to share and then each meal having a starter (fruit, yogurt, or parfait) and an entree. This meal serves into the “lunch” window (last serving time is 12:05), so it’s a great lunch option for a pool or departure day. The Boardwalk Resort is a fun place to grab a meal because you can walk it off. The resort features an actual Boardwalk ,with food, shopping, and entertainment! There are lots of things to see and do: play a carnival game, enjoy a street performance, get a caricature done, or rent a surrey bike. Bonus points for being within walking distance of Epcot.
Don’t make him pull out…THE SMOLDER.
Have you ever been to Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast? What was your favorite part? What character meal would you like to see that doesn’t exist yet? What resort would it be located inside? Give me all your best Imagineering thoughts in the comments!
Kristen B. is wife to the best Prince around, mama to the spunkiest little princesses, and lover of all things Disney. She started her savings journey five years ago and is now dedicated to making her family’s wishes come true one coupon at a time. She is so excited to take her love of saving to the next level and share her journey with you! Click here to catch up on Kristen’s Savings and join in on your own savings adventure!