Have you seen the price of canned Cream of Chicken soup? It is up to $1.50 a can at Walmart! This dry mix recipe only costs about $2 and makes the equivalent of 4 cans of Cream of Chicken soup. Plus it doesn’t have a lot of sodium in it, which makes it good for your health.
- 1 c. non-fat dried milk
- ¾ c. cornstarch
- ¼ c. chicken bullion (not cubes)
- 4 tbs freeze dried minced onion
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- Measure out all of your ingredients and dump them into a bowl
- Pour into a canister and voila! That's it! How easy is that!?
- For the equivalent of 1 condensed can of cream of chicken soup, mix 1¼ cup water with ⅓ cup of dry mix and cook over medium heat until it reaches the consistency of canned cream soup.
- This dish makes the equivalent of approx. 4 cans of cream of chicken soup.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.