We have all used canned cream of chicken soup for a recipe, but the amount of sodium in it is horrible! Here’s a homemade dry mix that you can make up, put in a container for keeps, and measure out the amount you need whenever a recipe calls for it.
- 1 c. non-fat dried milk
- ¾ c. cornstarch
- ¼ c. chicken bullion (not cubes)
- 4 tbs freeze dried minced onion
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- Measure out all of your ingredients and dump them into a bowl
- Pour into a canister and voila! That's it! How easy is that!?
- For the equivalent of 1 can of cream of chicken soup, mix 1¼ cup water with ⅓ cup of dry mix and cook over medium heat until it reaches the consistency of canned cream soup.
- This dish makes the equivalent of approx. 4 cans of cream of chicken soup.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.