One of my comfort foods is slow cooker chicken and dumplings. You have have your kids mix the dumplings and they will be so excited that they helped with dinner. You can also add a cup of your favorite vegetables to make this a complete meal.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. Bisquick
- ⅓ c. milk
- Place chicken breasts into slow cooker.
- Mix 1 c. milk and cream of chicken together. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with fork. Then place back in the slow cooker.
- Mix Bisquick and ⅓ c. milk together so form a soft dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough into the slow cooker. Be VERY careful not to splash the liquid.
- Cook on high for 1 more hour.
- Serve while warm.
You might also enjoy this recipe for Slow Cooker Whole Chicken.
Using a Slow Cooker not only makes preparing dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill because you don’t have to run the oven and heat up the whole house. Check out all the Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we have tried and be sure to share your favorites too!