On our crazy busy days, I like to make something quick and easy and that is how I discovered how easy it is to make slow cooker whole chicken. I recently discovered that I can throw a chicken with a few veggies and seasonings into the slow cooker and have a delicious meal 6 hours later.
- One whole chicken
- Your favorite spices (I used garlic pepper, garlic salt and parsley but feel free to add whatever spices you like)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Remove gizzards and place chicken in slow cooker breast side down.
- Sprinkle your favorite spices on top on the chicken (this is to taste so add as much or as little as you want).
- Add onion to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. You do not need to add any water or cream soup as the chicken makes it’s own juices.
- The chicken will fall off the bones so be careful when you pick it up.
You might also enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe.
Using a Slow Cooker not only makes preparing dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill because you don’t have to run the oven and heat up the whole house. Check out all the Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we have tried and be sure to share your favorites too!